I was tagged by the lovely Kaitlyn Deann for this awesome blog award!
11 facts about myself:
1) I am a female college student who cannot put on make up.
2) I once mistook a feral emu for a velociraptor. (Talk about screaming.)
3) I know both embroidery and archery.
4) My mom’s parents grew up on opposite sides of WWII.
5) I once set the microwave on fire.
6) I have bottle raised baby goats, sheep, rabbits, three puppies, and one donkey.
7) I know more about the Roman Empire than today’s Top 40 list.
8) On bad days, I sometimes wear a hooded cloak to school.
9) I get excited about politics.
10) I still fast-forward sex scenes on TV.
11) My first car was older than me.
11 Questions from Kaitlyn:
1) What’s your favorite quote?
“Oh, Death, where is your sting? Oh, Hell, where is your victory?”
2) What’s your least favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. Just lots of dirty dishes and caloric temptations eager to insulate my thighs.
Schnay is the pretty one to the right.
3) How many books in a year do you normally read?
Aww…gee…My record is 78, but since starting college and writing, it’s closer to 30-35. I am not proud of this.
4) Do you have a pet(s)? Tell us about it/them.
I have my Jack Rusell Terrier, Schnay, who is my baby even though she just celebrated her 8th birthday. We used to show in agility, rally obedience, go-to-ground, and lots of other fun stuff, but she’s been pretty much retired since I started college.
5) What’s the meaning behind your name?
My first name means “one to whom God is an oath” or so I have been told. My middle name is a variation of Mary, which means bitter, so I guess that would be “bitter one to whom God is an oath.” Not sure what to make of that.
6) If you could live in any book’s world, where would you live?
NARNIA, HERE I COME!!!
7) What book has inspired you the most in your writing?
Depends what I’m writing, really. My first series was great influenced by Madeleine L’Engle’s The Time Quintet, particularly the morality. But really, it just depends.
8) What do you prefer to do on a hot summer day?
Whine about the heat and go swimming. Or go running to work on my tan and have everyone tell me how nuts I am. (Did I mention I’m vain?)
9) Stargazing or netflixing with someone you love to be around?
Stargazing, every time it’s an option. TV producers think they can compete with the cosmic masterpiece of God Himself? LOL.
10) Do you watch TV? If yes, what’s your favorite show?
I do watch TV, but extremely rarely. Right now, my favorite show (that has not be cancelled or finished) would probably be Doctor Who. However, I’m so behind on watching it, I may hate what Moffat has done by now.
11) And lastly… What’s your life motto?
“My one defense, my righteousness, oh God how I need You.”-Matt Maher
Tag 11 Bloggers
Guidelines for Tagged Bloggers:
– Use the Infinity Dreams Award picture
– Thank the blogger who tagged you (that’s me, Elisabeth Wheatley!)
– Tell us 11 facts about yourself
– Answer the 11 questions (below)
– Tag 11 bloggers
The Questions YOU Answer:
1) What’s your favorite part of being a blogger?
2) If you could spend one day as any animal, what would it be?
3) Hardcovers or Paperbacks?
4) Favorite book-to-movie adaptation? Why?
5) Biggest dream you’ve achieved so far?
6) Favorite musician/band and your favorite song from them?
7) Most anticipated book coming out this year?
8) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
9) Favorite outdoor activity?
10) Favorite indoor activity? (Not counting reading/writing.)
11) Something you’ve wanted to be asked in an interview? What’s your answer?